Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Climbing Mt. Fireplace



Almost 13 months old and Mathias has managed to climb on just about anything his body will allow him to reach...including myself (I must be his favorite jungle gym). Recently, the lower mantle of our fireplace seems to be the hot spot (no pun intended) for our mini-climber. I remember just a few months ago when he would try to pull himself up on the lower ledge, but could never quite reach the top. It was hilarious because I would just watch him and say, "Sorry, honey, but you're not allowed up there so nice try." Now the little guy is able to just stand up and hoist himself over. I scold him everytime he tries to get up there, but this time - I allowed him to climb. I watched Mathias lift his long legs over the mantle and then back down again. He did this at least four or five times until the excitement wore off. Then he'd lower himself down and stood facing me. I knew exactly what he was thinking. I was the mother of all mountains and now he was ready to try and climb me. That's when I saw him crawling my way... Aah!