Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Door Closes, 100 More Open



God has funny timing. Got an email this week from two different employers that I had interviewed for about a year ago, but I had pursued another opp'ty. Coincidentally, both employers have available positions that have come up again and asked if I was still interested. The first email was sent a few months ago, and then again yesterday. The second email was sent to me today. I respectfully declined each of the employers as I'm currently happy with where I'm at, but darn it! One is listed on Forbes list and Fortune 100. The other is a very reputable company serving the Colorado Front Range. Both are professional managerial positions in a corporate environment. Basically, I'd be surrounded by suits. I'm beginning to wonder if these opportunities that keep arising lately are for good reason. Am I suppose to turn them down? God only knows and I hope that I am where I am today because it's where He wants me to be. Otherwise, I'll pay a little closer attention next time to that door that opens for me. *sigh* I'm always outweighing the pros and cons in my life. I'm content with what God has blessed me with, but spiritually I need to Improve, Improve, Improve!

Pros: For the most part I am surrounded by good and loving people. Blessed with a child that I can mold into another servant of the Lord, our Father. True to my faith in God. Coffee and chocolate are accessible to me anywhere I go (for those that know me well, this is VERY important)!

Cons: Sometimes my environment isn't always Christian-oriented which makes it hard to remain a good servant to Christ. Coffee and chocolate are accessible to me anywhere I go (yes, I also listed this as a pro, but lets be honest, having the constant availability to these two things are sooo bad)!

I am trying so hard to do good. To be good. To remain good. But people and outside sources tend to make that hard. I know people mean well for the most part, but often times when they are not thinking of others and react selfishly or are mean-spirited; I in turn lose my patience and react in the same way. I strongly believe that if I surround myself with like-minded people then the chance to falter diminishes. Which leads me to reflect on my own life. Do I need to change certain parts of my life to strengthen my character? To make it better? Or is this it? Am I to maintain my faith and beliefs in the current environment I am in? Whether it be work, home or social lifestyle - I really need to reflect on where I am and where I strive to be. I am contemplating on making the appropriate changes where changes need to be made to make my "con" non-existent. Should I continue to "close the door" when it swings open for me? Or do I stick my foot in the doorway and allow whatever new opportunity to enter into my life?? Decisions, decisions. As I mentioned before, only God knows.

What about you? Are you where you want to be in life? As a a child of Christ, are you living the only life He has granted you to the absolute fullest? Are you what God wants you to be? Perhaps there are changes that you feel you need to make in your own life. If so...what are they? New home? New friends? New job? New relationship? New school? I highly recommend taking a quiet moment in your busy day or evening to reflect on all those aspects of your life. Surround yourself with kindness and good people. Bring yourself to those that are also strong in their faith and love for Christ. If you aren't where you would like to be, then perhaps it's time for a change...