Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Friday, January 13, 2012

Locks-R-Us

I have to be honest. I love when little boys grow out their hair long. It's cute, it's innocent and it expresses their youth. So when I came across this old link while I was looking for pictures, I was immediately dumbfounded. Remind me to never go to Texas. No wait, I have friends in TX so that's not really fair. Lemme rephrase. Remind me to never enroll my son in an ass-backward place like this. Seriously.


Whenever I see a little boy with a crew cut, or yikes...a shaved head, I think of the military or the 1950's era. Basically Leave It To Beaver Days. Just my humble opinion. No offense to the rest of the world who prefer their boys to keep it high and tight, but I think that long locks are handsome. I figure these little tykes can cut their hair however short they want when they're older. Granted, I'm not looking to have my son's hair past his shoulders or anything, but again, that's just my opinion. At one point, I did have Mathias sport a short spiky mohawk last year during the summer. It was super cute, but a pain in the ass to style in the morning cuz he would never sit still. Longer hair was easier to maintain and he looked younger when it was long.

“Hair is vitally personal to children. They weep vigorously when it is cut for the first time; no matter how it grows, bushy, straight or curly, they feel they are being shorn of a part of their personality.” Charlie Chaplin

Mickey was actually blessed with a full head of hair the moment he was born. They say the thickness of a child's hair comes from the mother's father. So fortunately for Mathias, he'll always have a full head of thick hair thanks to his Papa. :) However, his bangs weren't quite long enough to go behind his ears and would fall at his eyes. So I made the executive decision to get my boy a trim...just a little at the bangs, around the ears and of course the neck. I still wanted to keep the top somewhat long though. Unfortuantely, Mickey's hair stylist cut his hair much shorter than I expected this time around. Needless to say, I was slightly irked. But it is just hair and grows pretty fast. So here we go again with my attempt to grow it out a little more.


All done!