Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Thursday, January 19, 2012

How Bittersweet This Is To Me...

Lounging in bed playing video games together.

Brushed his little teeth all by himself. Changed into his pajamas all by himself. When it is time to read a bedtime story, he insists on "reading" it himself because he now has it memorized. He says his prayers almost perfectly without my help. Then he leans over and shuts off the lamp on his nightstand all by himself. I tuck him in and kiss him goodnight. As I get up from his bed and head for the door, my eyes are damp. My baby isn't a baby anymore. :( 

Tonight I am reminiscing on how quickly the past four and a half years have flown by. Mathias starts *gasp* Kindergarten in September and I can honestly say that YES, I will most likely cry when I drop him off on his first day. I wish I could slow down the time I spend with him. He'll be five before I know it and I'm not too thrilled about that. Call me selfish. I wish I had many more babies so I wouldn't feel this bittersweet about my only child slowly slipping from my grasp day by day, second by second. I am proud of Mick and all his accomplishments thus far, but I tell you...it puts a little frog in my throat every now and then when he say's, "Mommy, I can do it myself." Yeah, I know you can, I think to myself. But can you make your shadow puppets look better than mine?? Didn't think so. As long as his hands are too little for shadow puppets - he'll still be my little baby boy. :)

 My attempt at making a dog. Woof! Woof!