Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Healthy = Happy

I believe that being healthy means respecting my body and treating it well – giving it the nutrients, the exercise, and the rest that it needs to thrive and allow me to do the things I want to do. I enjoy a good burger and fries just like the rest of 'em, but something about eating healthy just feels better overall. Today, I was craving bbq and whipped up a quick no-fuss meal. After reading about the benefits of red and orange bell peppers, I've been incorporating those sweet things into just about every dinner. This time I lightly sauteed orange peppers with broccoli in peanut oil (peanut oil contains resveratrol, the substance in grapes and red wine that has been associated with reduced cardiovascular disease and reduced cancer risk). Then I slathered a sweet and smoky rub on some chicken and grilled it for a bit before I put on a rich delicious bbq sauce. Chicken and veggies= super yummy and super nutritious.