Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Child Puts Things in Perspective

It never fails. Mickey always finds a way to bring me back to what's important. He essentially keeps me grounded. So when Monday rolled around with the fax, phone and internet lines down all day and office drama at its finest...well, it made for a very rough day. When 5:00 hit, I literally got into my Jeep and sat there for a moment in tears. That's what a stressful day at the office can do to some people. I remember exhaling deeply and feeling relief that the crappy day I had was finally over. I had to pickup munchkin from preschool when I got off so the drive there allowed me to keep my composure. When I arrived at Mathias' school, I walked in to a classroom of adorable little children. They were all playing inside with one another waiting for their parents to pick them up for the day. It's funny how simple and pure these kids are. They all get along so well and I felt happy just being in their presence. Would be nice if some of the adults in my life could behave in such a way. The sweetest boy of them all though had spotted me at the door immediately and ran to my legs. He held them tight and begged me to follow him to the back of the classroom. Apparently, Mathias was so excited to show me something he had made for me. Honest to goodness, it's as if he knew I had a bad day.
 

Mickey and Mommy :-)

I teared up a bit when he showed me his drawing of us. I smiled at my different sized hands and feet. My hair in the picture was hilarious. I also loved the fact that Mathias drew himself without a body. ;-) My favorite part though were the hearts he so meticulously drew on my dress. Now that's passionate artwork right there. :-) I have the best son ever. It made all the bullshit I had to deal with at work that day seem so insignificant. Thanks lil dude...your rock!