Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Monday, March 12, 2012

Yay for Mick!

I have some good news and bad news today. Bad news...Mathias definitely has two pink eyes thanks to a nasty bacterial infection. Combined with the common cold, I was forced to keep him home today. Feels weird to not be at work, but what can ya do when your little one is sick and no one's available to watch him? It's been a rough day trying to get eye drop ointment in a 4 year old's eyes and I have the kicks and punch marks on my body to prove it. Lots of hugs and back rubs though make up for our little wrestling matches throughout the day. I feel so bad for Mick. My parents will most likely watch him tomorrow and I am so grateful for them. I just hope the pink eye runs its course soon.

On a brighter note...I got a phone call today from the superintendent at the school district I registered my son at.


It was my first choice and regardless of my address and Mathias' father's, I registered Mathias there anyway. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and worst case scenario I'd commute every morning to take my little boy to the school if he got in. Well, my request was granted. The superintendent approved my paperwork. Mathias has been accepted into Lewis-Palmer Elementary! He will officially be an Eagle student in August. Yay! Thank you, Lord! Mathias is also very excited to start Kindergarten in the fall. I'm so very grateful for this wonderful surprise on this unexpected sick day and feel truly blessed for God hearing my small prayer.