Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Monday, March 3, 2008

Thanks, Dad


I (Lisa) recently got an email from my father who is currently working overseas. Anyway, I've been going on and on about how great my son is and how wonderful Jason has been that I never really reflect on myself. I just wanted to say thank you, Dad, for bringing the best out of me...your words from thousands of miles away mean more to me than any promotion, paycheck or gift I could ever receive. It really made my evening and I swear I got teary-eyed towards the end. I wanted to share part of his email below:

"Hey Lisa, glad to see the little guy is doing well with such loving parents overseeing his daily activities! You surely have a knack for motherhood as demonstrated by your love towards a handful of wonderment. I am especially proud of your adaptations and flexibility having to cope with work, a mobile hubby, Mathias the incredible, and Mom, while still looking like you just came out of a modeling office. All in a day’s work so kudos on your juggling feats! I really am proud of you although I miss Rudolph as that reindeer was a shining example of your taking charge!"

Now for those of you that didn't quite understand the last sentence, allow me to explain. When I was in the first grade, I perfomed in my very first Christmas play at school. Starring Lisa as Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer. HA! My folks still have pictures of me wearing a big red nose standing next to the other reindeers and demanding more stew from Mrs. Clause. It's hilarious because I vividly remember my lines from those images. So basically, for my Dad to remember this trivial part in my life...well, it's touching. I guess it's true what they say. Parents remember everything...even when I was dressed so silly and only six years old - to my parents, it was a big accomplishment. Now that I have my very own child, I totally understand what they must have felt like at that very moment so many years ago. It's truly the best feeling ever...