Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sugar & Ice-Cream


To the group of snobby women that stood behind me and my son today at the checkout line: Bite me. How dare you roll your eyes at us and whisper snide remarks about little kids and whatnot. Your snobbiness caused you to see a little monster that talked too much and annoyed you while you waited in a long line to pay for your pounds of makeup, nail polish and anti-aging creams. The cashier lady ahead of us however smiled and saw a sweet child telling a story to his mother. The couple in front of us saw an imaginative kid who made them laugh. What I saw was a charming little boy who made the best storyteller and entertained me while I waited in line. I saw a little 5 year old so very excited to tell me about his day at school. His sound effects were awesome. His hand motions of flying jets were awesome. His reenactment of his friend Josiah flying next to him on the swing and turning into a transformer was hilarious. But even after watching this cute little boy talk, growl, giggle and sing as he described his innocent playful day – I’d have to say my favorite part was when he leaned in to ask me a question...

MATHIAS:  Mommy, how come the strangers behind me have angry bird eyebrows??

ME: Mathias! That’s not nice. Some people don’t know how to make happy eyebrows. So they buy magic creams to help make them feel better. 

MATHIAS: Creams?? Like ice-cream?

ME: No. Ice-cream is sweet. The strangers behind you are not. Now let's check out and go home.

MATHIAS:  I like ice-cream. Cuz I'm sweet right, Mommy?

ME: Yes, you are baby.

MATHIAS: I’m not a baby! I’m 5!

ME: I know suga…

MATHIAS: Sugar?? I thought we were getting ice-cream??