Welcome!



WELCOME!

Peek into the life of this little family in all its chaos...and pure joy! You'll enter the mind of a mother as she unfolds the many random thoughts of her everyday life - sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always from the heart. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Paint Monster

You know...a five year old's imagination is incredible. It really is. The things they come up with blow me away. But I'm beginning to see a pattern here on Saturday mornings...


MATHIAS: Mommy Mommy Mommy!!!

ME: What What What!!!

MATHIAS: I had a bad dream! The paint monster tried to paint me all over! It wouldn't stop painting me!

ME: The paint monster? Doesn't sound too bad sweetie.

MATHIAS: The paint monster was painting food all over me and I was sooo hungry and I just wanted to eat my face!

ME: Woah. That is a nightmare.

MATHIAS: Yeah it was. Maybe we should go in the kitchen and get it. Let's bring a bazooka in case it tries to sneak on us.

ME: Oh sweetie, if the worst it can do is paint all over us, then I think we'll be ok.

MATHIAS: No Mommy, his paintbrush was huuuuuge. It could kill us. I'm bringing my gun and pirate sword. You have to make the breakfast. Cmon!

ME: Wait, why do I have to make the breakfast?? Lemme guess, pancakes?

MATHIAS: Not today Captain Mommy! Gotta fight the paint monster. We'll need French Toast!

ME: Of course...


Aaargh! I'm a paint monster killin machine!